News & Events
'International Mother Language Day' celebration on 20 February, 2020
Templates for Research Journal of SRNMC
Arrears in PG Courses (2010 to 2016) not allowed to write their exams in old regulation
Arrears in UG Courses (2010 to 2015) not allowed to write their exams in old regulation
Application form for Teaching Post ( Un-aided Stream)
Rules & Regulations
Every first semester student should register for the End Semester Examinations on or before the last date. The registration consists of the following steps:
- Submit the filled in application form for registration; Read the printed data, fill the remaining data, sign and submit the application in the college office on or before the last date during working hours on all working days.
- The applications will not be received after the last date,under any circumstances.
- Candidates who have not registered for the Semester Terminal Examination are not permitted to appear for the Regular/ Supplementary Examinations.
- Candidate can collect their Hall Tickets from the Attendance in-charge of the respective Department.
As per the guidelines approved by the Academic Council of our college the following norms will be applied for attendance to appear for the End Semester Examinations.
- Students who have attended classes for 68 days (75%) and above will be permitted to appear for the ensuing End Semester Examinations without any preconditions.
- Students who have attended classes for 59 days(65%) and upto 67days will be permitted to apply for exemption for genuine reason in the prescribed form to the College office along with a fee of Rs.300 with specific remarks of the Principal for condonation of attendance.
- Students who have attended classes for 45 days and upto 58 days(50%) cannot appear for the current End Semester Examinations. They can appear for the next semester examinations for which special permission must be obtained from the college providing sufficient reasons for their absence supported by documents on payment of Rs. 500/-
- Students who have put in attendance upto 44 days have to repeat the whole semester.
Examination Time Table
The End Semester Examination Time table will be put-up in the College Notice Board and Website.
Exam Hall Discipline
For smooth conduction of Examinations, the candidates are requested to adhere to the following guidelines.
- Have to check their seating arrangement daily.
- Have to enter the hall 10 minutes before the commencement of the examination and occupy their seat correctly.
- Are not allowed to enter the hall after 30 minutes from the commencement of the Examination;They are Allowed to leave the hall only after 30 minutes from the commencement of Examination.
- Should posses Hall Tickets and Student Identity cards in the examination hall. A student without Hall Ticket or Student Identity card should get Temporary Hall Ticket or Student Identity card from the Chief Superintendent (Principal) with penalty fees.
- Should not be in possession of mobile phones, programmable calculators, pagers and any notes or other written/ printed matter except as may be specifically permitted by the Chief Superintendent / Invigilator.
- Have to check whether the Register Number, Name, and Subject Code/ Name are correctly entered in the answer booklet.
- Have to, on receipt of question paper, verify the subject code / Name and ensure that the correct question paper is received.
- Should write legibly on both sides of the pages and papers should not be wasted.
- Are prohibited from writing or leaving any distinguished marks so as to identify themselves.
- Should not detach any sheets from the answer booklet and the answer booklets should not be taken out of the hall.
- Should not exchange any materials with other candidates inside the hall.
- Have to return back any data books/ charts/ manuals issued to them before leaving the hall.
- Have to ensure whether they have signed in the attendance sheet before leaving the exam hall.
- Have to maintain silence inside the examination hall.
- Who resort to malpractice of any sort will be seriously dealt with and suitable disciplinary action will also be taken against them. It may even lead to, cancellation of all the exams written by them during the semester.
- Can report any missing data/figure or discrepancy in the question paper to the invigilator inside the Hall.
- Can leave the exam hall for any emergency like natural calls/illness with the prior permission from the respective invigilator and with the assistance of supporting staff.
Examinations with 3 hours duration
FN session – 10.00 a.m to 1.00 p.m.
AN session – 2.00 p.m. to 5.00 p.m.
Examinations with 2 hours duration
FN session – 10.00 a.m to 12.00 noon
AN session – 2.00 p.m. to 4.00 p.m.
Marks and Grades:
The grade point for each course is computed by dividing the Total Marks by 10.
The following table gives the grade points and letter grades for the total marks obtained by the candidates in each course.
Table of Grade Points and Letter Grade
For example: For total marks of 83, the grade point is8.3
Calculation of grade point average for a semester examination:
GPA (Grade Point Average)= (?iCiGi)/(?iCi)
GPA= (Sum of the multiplication of grade point by the respective credit of the course cleared in a semester)
(Sum of the credits of the courses cleared in semester)
Calculation of cumulative grade point average for the entire programme:
CGPA (Cumulative Grade Point Average)= (?iCiGi)/(?iCi)
CGPA= Sum of the multiplication of grade point by the respective credit of the course cleared in the entier programme
Sum of the credits of all the courses cleared in the programme
Where ‘Ci’ - Credits earned for course I in any semester.
‘Gi’ –Grade Points obtained for course I in any semester.
‘?i'- Summation of all the courses cleared in a semester in the case of GPA and all courses cleared in all
Semesters in the case of CGPA.
Classification of Final Result
|O||First Class with Distinction|
8.0 – 8.9
7.0 – 7.9
6.0 – 6.9
5.0 – 5.9
4.0 – 4.9
Pass - P, Reappear – RA, Absent – AA
INT – Internal, EXT – External, TOT - Total